Includes two MIG-17, four rare-earth magnets, two decal sheets and two tall plastic flight stands.
In the early 1950s, the Egyptian Air Force began the transition from prop-driven aircraft to jet fighters. Until this point, the Egyptians had been using surplus World War Two aircraft of either British or Italian origin. While the Egyptians were able to procure Gloster Metreors and De Havilland Vampires from the British, they along with the United States of America they refused to sell Egypt anything more modern.
In 1955 Egyptian president Gamal Abdel Nasser intervened and brokered a deal with the Soviet Bloc that saw the Egyptian Air Force supplied with Mikoyan-Gurevich fighters and Ilyushin bombers. By October 1956, the Egypt had 120 MiG-15, 50 Il-28, 87 Meteors and Vampires and a handful of MiG-17s; far superior than anything the Israelis could deploy.
Designed by Evan Allen
Painted by Mike Haught